Pantone’s color of 2017 is Greenery, and there is still plenty of time to jump on the trend.
We think green is the perfect color for summer. It’s bright, energizing, and happy. Green adds some sizzle to your summer style, and we think it looks pretty darn good on book covers, too.
What better way to be on-trend this summer than to grab a juicy novel with a green cover and match it with clothing and accessories in the perfect shade of green?
We’ve paired up a few must-reads with some of summer’s greenest and greatest finds in this list inspired by the Pantone color of the year:
Green on the Go When you’re out on the town, show off the green goods with these trendy items:
1. Lana dress in Green Floral from Happy Yellow Dress
Get a little flirty with this green floral number from Happy Yellow Dress.
2. Wraps Wristband Headphones in Classic Green from Wraps
Never worry about getting all tied up with these tangle-free headphones. And they double as a bracelet!
3. Garden Gangster Eau de Parfum from Pinrose
Spray on Pinrose’s Garden Gangster. It’s a fresh, herbal unisex scent that’s perfect for summer garden parties.
4. Weliri bag in Medium Green from Aldo
Pack your essentials in this green cross-body bag that has all the tassels and pom-poms you could ever want!
These chic items work perfectly with a juicy read like
Poison’s Kiss, a fantasy novel that’s romantic, addicting, and full of deadly kisses.
Green at Home If home is your favorite place to read, why not add a touch of green to your surroundings?
1. Patterned Laundry Basket from H&M
If you’re forced to do laundry, you might as well have a pretty patterned laundry basket.
2. Wai Lana Orchid yoga tote in Soft Green/Coral Print from Yoga Outlet
Store your yoga mat in this Wai Lana Orchid yoga tote.
3. Lov Organic Tea in Lov Is Good from Anthropologie
Relax with a cup of Lov Is Good organic herbal tea.
4. Sencor 2-Slice Electric Toaster in Green from Kohl’s
Toast up a reading snack with this fun Sencor toaster!
The Game of Lives (The Mortality Doctrine, Book Three)
Once your home is totally Zen with all your green, curl up with a favorite series. We recommend trying the Mortality Doctrine by James Dashner. The third book,
The Game of Lives, is the perfect shade to match.
Green for Summer Travel If you’re traveling this summer, bring your green with you!
1. Royce Nappa Leather Foil-Stamped Passport Jacket in Kelly Green from Kohl's
You will easily spot your passport in your carry-on with this bright-green cover.
2. Pantone Unisex Watches by Ice-Watch in Sulphur Spring from Pantone
Never miss a flight with this unisex watch on your wrist.
3. Miami Aviator Sunglass in Grey Frame with Yellow Mirrored Lenses from Sunglass Warehouse
Protect your peepers from the summer sun with mirrored Miami aviator sunnies.
4. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top in Green from Nike
And, of course, you’ll need some comfy shoes for sightseeing.
The Land of 10,000 Madonnas
The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer into your suitcase. This story about a dying wish that sends a group of friends on a trip across Europe will leave you wishing you had some green tissues.
Green Beachy Goodness Green goes perfectly with sand and ocean blue.
1. Martha Stewart Collection Sonoran Stripe Beach Towel in Bright Green from Macy's
Loll at the beach in style with this boho towel from Martha Stewart.
2. Pro Kadima Paddle Ball Set in Green/Yellow from Amazon
Play a friendly game of paddle ball with this sweet summer set.
3. Catch Surf Wave Bandit 48’’ Shred Sled Surfboard in Neon Green from Dick’s Sporting Goods
And when the waves beckon, go ahead and hop on the easy-to-use Shred Sled Surfboard.
4. Adidas Adilette Cloudfoam Ultra Slide Sandal, in Green/White, from DSW
And to get you where you want to go—beach, pool, or pond—walk in these on-trend slides from Adidas.
Grab a juicy beach read for your outdoor fun.
Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein is basically When Harry Met Sally for the YA reader. This opposites-attract love story is perfect to toss in your beach bag. Read a few chapters between catching waves. What is your favorite book with a green cover? Tag us @GetUnderlined!