Get to know author Jennifer E. Smith and her latest book Windfall in these short video clips below.
Plus, find out what Jennifer would do with her own #WindfallMoment.
Five Things Jennifer E. Smith Would do if She Won the Lottery:
1. Travel! There’s a quote from Zelda Fitzgerald that I’ve always loved: “I hate a room without an open suitcase. It seems so permanent.” That’s definitely how I feel. My passport never stays tucked away for too long as it is, but if I won the lottery, I’d definitely wear that thing out. There are so many places I still want to go: Patagonia, Finland, Greece, Tanzania, Easter Island, Antarctica, Halifax, Thailand, Peru, Rwanda, Croatia, Morocco, Vienna . . . and on and on.
2. Scotland is my favorite place in the whole world, and if I won the lottery, I’d definitely buy a little stone cottage there. Something simple and cozy, with a Highland cow in the backyard (of course).
3. This is probably not much of a surprise, but I’ve always wanted a library of my own, the kind of with hundreds of books and a ladder that moves around the room so you can reach the highest shelves. So I’d definitely build one of those.
4. I’d love to do something similar to what Teddy does in the book, which is to make other people’s dreams come true . . . because how amazing would it be to have the ability to grant wishes for all your family and friends?
5. Of course, I’d want to give a lot of it to charity too. There are so many important causes out there, and so many people in need, and I’m a firm believer that we have a responsibility to help others. Especially now. So it would be a real joy to be able to make more of a difference.