We’ve all been there—you’re out with friends, and everyone starts talking about a cool new book or the trendiest show.
You nod along enthusiastically and laugh when everyone laughs, but internally you’re freaking out because you have NO IDEA what they’re talking about. Fortunately, summer’s here, which hopefully means having a lot more time to catch up on shows, movies, and of course reading.
We put together this list of 14 of the most-hyped YA books of 2017 (so far) that you might finally get the chance to read (and be able to discuss with whatever group you find yourself in).
1. For Anyone Who’s Had Trouble Letting Go:
2. For Anyone Who’s Experienced a Major Loss:
3. For the ’90s Boy Band Lover:
4. For Those Who Want a Good Cry:
5. For the Hamilton Fanatic:
6. For Topical Conversations:
7. For the Nonfiction Lover:
8. For the Dreamers:
9. For the Performance Fan:
10. For the Beauty and the Beast Fans:
11. For the YA Series Enthusiast:
12. For the Hopeless Romantic:
13. For the Movie Buff:
14. For the Pretty Little Liars Binge-Watcher: