THE COLLEGE APPLICATION ESSAY, MADE EASY. This user-friendly guide gives struggling students the step-by-step writing help they need to perfect the writing on their college applications, from the all-important personal essays to the supplemental material like short answer questions and resumes.
Applying to college can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to crafting the perfect application. There’s a lot of pressure to submit something unique and cohesive.
This book takes you from blank page to submitted application with step-by-step guidance on the most effective ways to complete this daunting process! We’ve packed these pages with practical exercises and annotated samples that model good and bad techniques, and included tips from real admissions officers.
This complete guide provides:
• A firsthand look into different review processes, plus editing guidelines to help you think like an essay reader
• Step-by-step methods for breaking down a prompt
• Brainstorming techniques to help you find the right story to share
• Tried-and-true advice to get you outlining and drafting your essay with confidence
• Annotated essays to demonstrate writing dos and don’ts
• Guidance on additional written content (like short answer questions and resumes) for a completely polished application