After some casual scrolling through Instagram, we found that some of our favorite books have different (and stunning) covers across the world.
These international editions have got us ready to travel with an extra large suitcase because we need them on our shelves!
1. Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum, the Bulgarian edition, from @lookingforalqska
2. All the Bright Places (Violet y Finch) by Jennifer Niven, the Spanish edition, from @annyy94
The title, the design, we’re obsessed with everything about this version!
3. The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon, the Indonesian edition, from @jenarilk
We didn’t think it was possible to love a cover as much as we love The Sun is Also A Star‘s cover, until we met this beauty.
4. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, the UK edition, from @babblingbooks
The UK and US covers of The Hate U Give are both honest and simple in different ways and we can’t decide which we love more!
5. The Serpent King by Jeff Zenter, the Polish edition, from @bartekbooks
We’re loving this look for The Serpent King, which says “heartbreaking and beautiful” in that perfect Jeff Zenter-way.
6. Beware that Girl by Teresa Toten, the Russian edition, from @lana_mars_
We already thought this book was dark and mysterious, and then we saw this Russian edition, which is basically a serious warning for readers: beware. that. girl.
7. One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus, the Dutch, UK, and Swedish editions, from @writerkmc
One of these books is the US edition. Get it? We love all versions of this book, and getting to see them all lined up on one shelf thanks to author Karen M. McManus’s Insta feed is kind of awesome.
8. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake, the UK edition, from @books.in.the.village
The UK created one cover for each of the sisters in the story, each darker than the last. Mic drop.
9. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, the Turkish edition, from @pegasusyayinlari
Although it has the same imagery as the US edition, the one word title here makes this cover stand out. Plus, we couldn’t resist this beachy photo.
10. And I Darken by Kiersten White, the UK edition, from @readingdesires
Can we just say, FIERCE?! We love seeing Lada in all her ruthless glory here.
11. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, the Russian edition, from @darielkav
Although similar in design to the US version, the title makes this one special. It translates to “The Whole World” and we just love that so much.