Halloween is coming up, and you know what that means! Yup, that’s right. The one night you get to cosplay as your favorite YA character in a #judgmentfreezone.
What could be better? As book nerds, we love Halloween for the epic fantasy costumes, the candy, and, of course, the moment when we decide to dip out of the party early to enjoy some good ol’ reading time. In honor of All Hallows’ Eve, we’ve come up with a list of haunting phrases we want buried. Here are thirteen sentences you should NEVER say to a book nerd. *shivers*
1. “Can I borrow your book?”
2. “I’ve never fallen in love with a fictional character.”
3. “Who is John Green?”
4. “OMG! What about the part when (insert epic spoiler here).”
5. “The movie was, like, soooo much better than the book.”
6. “Divergent and The Hunger Games are basically the same thing.”
7. “I hope you don’t mind—I made some notes in the margins.”
8. “I only go to bookstores for the cute cafés and free Wi-Fi.”
9. “The book you lent me? OMG! I thought I gave it back . . . ?!”
10. “LOL! I haven’t read a book since the seventh grade.
11. “Let’s go out tonight!”
12. “What’s a TBR?”
13. “You don’t need any more books.”