The life of a book lover isn’t always as simple as falling in love with your best friend, taking down the evil government, and they all live happily ever after.
It can be a cruel world out there! If you relate to any of the struggles below, we’re with you. The struggle is real. Too too real.
1. When you lend your favorite book to a friend and they never return it.
No, no, I definitely never wanted that back.
2. Or when they do return it but the pages are dog-eared.
I thought we were friends.
3. When someone thinks your book doubles as a coaster.
Could you, like, not?
4. When you get really into a new series and you find out that the new book doesn’t come out until next year.
Umm . . . excuse me?
5. When you’re rereading your favorite book (again) and you get a paper cut.
First of all, how dare you? Second, I thought we had something special.
6. When the audiobook narrator can’t pronounce the main character’s name.
Don’t they give you some sort of pronunciation guide or something?
7. Or when you find out you’ve been saying the main character’s name wrong.
Wait, it’s not Her-mee-own?
8. When someone sees what book you’re reading and spoils the big twist.
9. When someone watches the movie before they read the book.
Look at your life, look at your choices.
10. When you finish an amazing book.
Wait, it’s over?
11. When you have a whole pile waiting to be read, and now you have to pick ONE.
Nope, can’t decide, shrinking down my books and taking them all with me.